[Zope3-Users] A Question about the "Hostname" in the Zope3 Server

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Jun 1 16:25:55 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 09:33, Helman R. Valencia B. wrote:
> When I Start a Zope 2.7.5, the Hostname is the same of my computer, and
> when I Start a Zope 3.2.0 the Hostname is "localhost" (reserved word). Is
> possible to change that name in Zope 3.2.0? because in the Intranet I can't
> access the Zope server from other computers using Zope 3.2.0.

The message you are seeing at the beginning is for your information only. The
hostname is still the same for all network services. All of the following
will work: IP address, hostname, localhost, 127.0.0.1. The latter two are the
callback loop interfaces that will always allow you to access your local
machine.

Regards,
Stephan
--