[Zope3-Users] i18n questions

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 12:55:30 EDT 2006

On 6/1/06, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> Yes, the PO file format is totally independent of Zope and Python.

However, the directory structure is not independent of which i18n
implementation you have. ;) Five and Zope3 uses the same one, though:
   <lang>/LC_MESSAGES/<domain>.mo

I think Plone uses:
   <lang>/LC_MESSAGES/<domain>.po

Notice the difference, Zope3/Five requires you to compile to po files,
Plone doesn't.
CPS uses another one completely.

> On Wednesday 31 May 2006 04:29, Chris Withers wrote:
> > - How would I mark up constant and computers strings in zodb-based
> > Python Scripts?

Mark up?

> > - How do I generate .pot files from ZPTs, Python Scipts and External
> > Methods? I used to use PTS' .missing functionality and just spider the
> > whole app. Is something similar available in Zope 2.9/3 land?
>
> In Zope 3 you can simply call utilities/i18nextract.py; it will extract all
> message strings from Python, ZPT and ZCML files.

Last time I tried this didn't work under Five. I haven't tried Since
2.8, though.