[Zope3-Users] i18n questions

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 06:53:29 EDT 2006

On 6/2/06, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Well, I currently just have an i18n directory in the instance home which
> contains a load of .po and one .pot files... Should I move to the above
> layout? Where do I put the various <lang> folders?

In "locales", usually. Although you can use any directory name in the
ZCML statement.
<i18n:registerTranslations directory="locales" />

Here is an example:
http://svn.nuxeo.org/trac/pub/browser/Zope2/CalZope/trunk

> > Mark up?
>
> ie: indicate that they are strings that need to be translated...

Hmmm. Well, you would have to allow import of zope.i18n.messageFactory
I guess, and use it like from any python code.