[Zope3-Users] Custom index implementation

Achim Domma domma at procoders.net
Mon Jun 5 10:50:59 EDT 2006

Hi,

I try to implement a custom index to be inserted into a catalog. I look
at the code and it seems to me, that I only have to derive my interface
from ICatalogIndex. I have defined my interface like this:

class ITestIndex(zope.app.catalog.interfaces.ICatalogIndex):
     pass

Then I have implemented a class which implements this interface and have
it registerd like this:

<class class=".Workspace.TestIndex">
     <require
         permission="zope.ManageServices"
	interface=".interfaces.ITestIndex
              zope.index.interfaces.IStatistics"
         set_schema=".interfaces.ITestIndex"
     />
</class>

If I restart zope and go to my catalog, I still can only add FieldIndex
and TestIndex. What else do I have to do, to implement a custom index?

regards,
Achim