[Zope3-Users] athenticate ZCML and PAU principals together???

Hassan Alirezaei hassan at isi.imi.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun Jun 25 09:06:28 EDT 2006

Hi everyone!

I am new to zope3  and can't figure out the following:

What is the difference between the users defined in ZCML and the ones
that reside in ZODB(through ZMI's PAU)

Is it possible to manage (authenticate) the users in ZCML and ZODB
through the same authentication interface??? when I set the PAU to
authenticate with a session credential, I can authenticate my ZODB
principals but not the principals in ZCML.

Is this fixable at all?

if not, how can I give full site manager access(like the one the ZCML
manager has) to a user that I make with the ZMI ??? and is it safe to do so?

Thank a lot for any kind of help!