[Zope3-Users] Creating XML using Pagetemplates doesn't work

Frank Burkhardt fbo2 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 1 11:22:28 EST 2006

Hi,

I wrote a view that returns a Atom-document (comparable to RSS). The
content type is 'application/atom+xml'. Unfortunately the pagetemplate
inserts some strings containing german umlauts (non-ascii) and I
get this error:

ValueError: Unicode results must have a text content type.

I found this line in zope.publisher.http:

 if not content_type.startswith('text/'):
  raise ValueError(
  [...]

which explains everything.

I tried to insert the umlauts in HTML notation (e.g. 'ü') but
zope outsmarted me and escaped the '&' :-( .

My Question is: What is the best way (tm) to handle that?

Regards,

Frank