[Zope3-Users] Re: Visionaire! (All your problems, solved)

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Mar 2 03:53:42 EST 2006

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 00:42:14 -0000, Jeff Shell <eucci.group at gmail.com>
wrote:

Personally, I still find it hard to know where the line goes between the
ZMI and my own UI code, if I should be extending the ZMI or replacing it.
Perhaps because I'm tainted by Zope 2's idea of the ZMI, though.

Personally, I think it's insane that Zope 3 still has TTW scripts and
templates enabled by default. :-)

Personally, I think that Zope 3-the-CA would be the useful in a Zope 2
+ Five context, at the very least, which is where a lot of interest will
continue to come for.

Without understanding the detailed implications of your vision, I must say
it's quite attractive. Perhaps the difference between the AS and the Suite
may be hard to explain and keep clean, though - I'm really not sure.

But less-is-more is a good concept when it comes to frameworks like the Z3
CA. The less stuff I have to learn and understand that's not relevant to
me (e.g. as a Five-focused developer, or as someone with lower
requirements) the better. Should be easier to document it in these stages,
too... And I like having distinct names for the different parts of that
puzzle.

Martin

--
(muted)