[Zope3-Users] windows installer

Brett Haydon b.haydon at unsw.edu.au
Thu Mar 2 23:38:52 EST 2006

Brian, to use a poor analogy, Zope 2.x is the city with lots of signposts
and amenities developed by the community. Zope 3.x is the frontier town, and
most of the basic infrastructure is there but without the bells and whistles
or automated instance installer for Windows :)

For short term solution Zope 2.x + Five is probably the way to go, but in
the longer term Zope 3.x is a more exciting but likely initially frustrating
place to be.

When I started with Zope 3 recently my experience was with Zope 2 and basic
python scripts. I'm sticking primarily with Zope 2 but am spending more time
learning the basics of Zope 3, but don't expect that I will do anything
serious with it for another few months yet.

Brett Haydon