[Zope3-Users] How to begin?

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 16:38:53 EST 2006

In comparison to the cost of six months of your time the books are
cheap! I refer to Phillip von Weiterhausen's book a lot, and when I
don't understand something I see what Stephan Richter's book has to say.
They are both good, even though a little behind the current Zope 3
version. You will soon outgrow the very short on-line tutorials. I find
that problems arise when I want to do something that isn't in the books
and I have to use the Introspector, read the source code or search the
mailing archives.  This week I spent an entire day trying to work out
how to do something that turned out to be three lines of code, and
another day on something that was effectively similar. Very satisfying
when it all works though!

Cliff