[Zope3-Users] Problem running examples from Zope3 book Weiterhausen

Rijgersberg, T.J. (Tom) tom.rijgersberg at tno.nl
Fri Mar 10 02:36:04 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Zope and taking my first steps into this wonderful world
by going through the book 'Web Component Development with Zope 3' from
Philipp von Weitershausen.

Up to page 94 I have had little difficulties reproducing the examples.
I'm using the downloaded example code as described in the book. I'm
running Zope 3.2 on a Windows 2000 machine with Python 2.4 installed. My
browser is Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.1.

Real troubles start with the code in paragraph 7.4 which adds a
customized list input widget. The browser/widget.pt and
browser/sequence.js files run fine when directly invoked from the
browser. But when I run it from the Zope instance with the added
browser/widget.py and changed browser/configure.zcml it doesn't work.

Here is what happens:
I copied the downloaded code from the book to
C:\Python24\Zope3InstanceWeitershausen\lib\python (this was successful
for the previous examples)
I start Zope by: C:\Python24\Zope3InstanceWeitershausen\.\bin\runzope
I've made sure that C:\Python24\Zope3InstanceWeitershausen\lib\python is
in my PYTHONPATH
I've deleted C:\Python24\Zope3InstanceWeitershausen\var\Data.fs manually
to get rid off previous experiments
I start my browser and log on using http://localhost:8080/manage
It al looks fine and I have the Add - Recipe button
I click on Add Recipe and the screen goes blank displaying:
Going back and looking up the error log I see:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module zope.publisher.publish, line 138, in publish
    result = publication.callObject(request, object)
  Module zope.app.publication.zopepublication, line 161, in callObject
    return mapply(ob, request.getPositionalArguments(), request)
  Module zope.publisher.publish, line 113, in mapply
    return debug_call(object, args)
   - __traceback_info__: <bound method +.action of
<zope.app.publisher.browser.viewmeta.+ object at 0x02E0EAB0>>
  Module zope.publisher.publish, line 119, in debug_call
    return object(*args)
  Module zope.app.container.browser.adding, line 128, in action
    name=view_name) is not None:
  Module zope.component, line 165, in queryMultiAdapter
    return sitemanager.queryMultiAdapter(objects, interface, name,
default)
  Module zope.component.site, line 75, in queryMultiAdapter
    default)
  Module zope.interface.adapter, line 475, in queryMultiAdapter
    return factory(*objects)
  Module zope.app.form.browser.editview, line 64, in __init__
    self._setUpWidgets()
  Module zope.app.form.browser.add, line 49, in _setUpWidgets
    setUpWidgets(self, self.schema, IInputWidget, names=self.fieldNames)
  Module zope.app.form.utility, line 153, in setUpWidgets
    context=context)
  Module zope.app.form.utility, line 101, in setUpWidget
    widget = widget(field.bind(context), view.request)
  Module zope.app.form, line 120, in __call__
    return self._create(args)
  Module zope.app.form, line 102, in _create
    instance = self._widget_factory(*args)
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 3 arguments (4 given)

As a newbie this is all too much for me. I've visited the books' website
but there are no clues from the errata. I've tried to look into release
notes to see if something changed in Zope 3.2 that explains it but no
luck.

Can anyone help me out? I've tried running other examples form the book
past chapter 7 but they also fail probably to my same mistakes.

Regards,

Tom

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html