[Zope3-Users] worldcookery.browser.widget.DynamicSequenceWidget

Marco Mariani marco at sferacarta.com
Tue Mar 21 06:14:24 EST 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Friday 24 February 2006 03:43, Marco Mariani wrote:
>
>> As it is, the program does not work from chapter 7 onward
>>
>> I get this on zope.app.form.browser.SimpleInputWidget at every attempt to
>> display the widget:
>>
>>     instance = self._widget_factory(*args)
>> TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given)
>>

>> If I take out the <widget> tags from browser/configure.zcml, the default
>> widget works ok (but has a bug when I add two empty rows).
>>

> Unfortunately, not all widgets work easily with the extension mechanism.
> Without knowing which widget you tried to customize it is hard to help out.

I was just running the examples from Phil's book

Anyway, I'd like to understand how to write a widget that presents two
(or more) <select> tags, related one to another (for instance, State and
City) either dynamically via xmlhttp or by reloading the page.

Where can I find more 'custom' widgets, in particular dynamic ones?

Thanks