[Zope3-Users] More fun with WSGI/zope.paste

Benji York benji at zope.com
Mon May 8 17:06:31 EDT 2006

Fred Drake wrote:
> On 5/8/06, Benji York <benji at zope.com> wrote:
>
>>I must have been unclear.  "zf" sounds great to me as a name space for
>>code that's covered by the contributer agreement.  "z" (or something
>>else) as a default name space for non-foundation code that doesn't
>>otherwise have a name space.
>

> I'm not sure what you mean by non-foundation code.  Isn't the intent
> to move the entire repository to the foundation?  It's all, in that
> scenario, foundation code.

No, I'm talking about people who have developed something and can't,
won't, or just haven't signed a contributer agreement, but want to make
the code open source and available.  Instead of each and every one
coming up with their own name space there could be a default,
non-foundation name space for them to use.  Jim (Washington)'s code is
just such an example.  In this specific case I'd prefer he put it in
svn.zope.org, and if so should be in the "zf" name space.  If, for some
reason, he doesn't then the name space could be "z" (or some other nice
name).

> I'd suggest that code that won't be transferred to the foundation
> doesn't belong in the svn.zope.org repository at all.

Totally agreed.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer