[Zope3-Users] SQL Database Bug?

David Johnson djohnson at jsatech.com
Tue May 9 12:40:15 EDT 2006

The following code seems to be buggy somehow, but I'm not clear how or why.
It seems for some reason that the first SQL "insert" query I run does not
get processed, while the second one does.  I've tried numerous variations on
this with no success.  I've done inserts before without problems.

# The transaction ID "dj3" already exists in all cases, so both
queryForResults calls should

# throw an exception, however only the second, third, fourth do.

query = "insert into transactions (transid) values ('dj3')"

print query

queryForResults(self.db,query)

queryForResults(self.db,query)

queryForResults(self.db,query)

queryForResults(self.db,query)

Generates:

DatabaseException: (1062, "Duplicate entry 'dj3' for key 1")

--

David Johnson

djohnson at jsatech.com

201 Main Street Suite 1320