[Zope3-Users] Re: Skinning in Zope 3.3

Daniel Nouri daniel.nouri at gmail.com
Thu May 11 21:04:25 EDT 2006

Achim Domma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to understand how to customize the look & feel of my page using
> the new skin/layer implementation of version 3.3. I followed the example
> on
> http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/SimplifySkinning
>  but still don't understand on how to change the layout of my page.
>
> Could somebody provide a short hint on how to override
> @@standard_macros/page for the ShanghaiSkin in the example above?

With the exception of the layer attribute value, this works the same as
with before the 3.3 ::

  <browser:page
      for="*"
      name="standard_macros"
      permission="zope.View"
      class=".standardmacros.StandardMacros"
      layer=".interfaces.ShanghaiSkin"
      allowed_interface="zope.interface.common.mapping.IItemMapping"
      />

  <browser:page
      for="*"
      name="shanghai_macros"
      permission="zope.View"
      layer="interfaces.ShanghaiSkin"
      template="shanghai_macros.pt"
      />

and in standardmacros.py ::

  from zope.app.rotterdam.standardmacros import StandardMacros \
                                             as BaseMacros
  class StandardMacros(BaseMacros):
      macro_pages = ('shanghai_macros',) + BaseMacros.macro_pages

(this hasn't changed at all)

HTH,
Daniel