[Zope3-Users] building Zope3 on Solaris 10

Damon Register damon.register at comcast.net
Thu May 25 21:15:27 EDT 2006

Kamal Gill wrote:

> Hi Damon,
>
> I'm not sure if this will help, but here's my build notes from the
> Zope 3.2.1 OS X Installer (with OSX-specific details removed)...

It seems that I was chasing the wrong thing.  I was trying to install
Twisted with Zope3 interface.  I couldn't get Zope3 or the interface
to build.  A few days ago I discovered something I hadn't noticed
before.   When I tried to tar -xvf there were some warnings.
A coworker told me that he too had trouble with Solaris tar and
suggested I use gtar.  That worked.  It seems that the Solaris tar
was not faithfully restoring the tree.  With gtar, Zope3 and the
Twisted zope interface built with no trouble

Damon Register