[Zope3-Users] Utilities naming convention

FB fbo2 at gmx.net
Fri Nov 17 05:48:16 EST 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 04:09:52PM -0400, David Pratt wrote: Probably should
> have clarified - I am referring to Utility container names not anything to
> do with Python coding standards.

None that I'm aware of. Only the title of the utility's registration matters
for your application - which is '' in very often.
The contained-name is fully independent from the registration's title.
Choose whatever you want. Whenever a part of your application has to link
to a utility of yours, it should use
   zapi.absoluteURL(zapi.getUtility(IMyUtility),request)
which makes knowing the URL unneccessary.

Regards,

Frank

PS: I know, zapi is deprecated - but it's so convenient :-) ...