[Zope3-Users] Re: Get Started

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
Wed Oct 11 06:45:50 EDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 11:45:37AM +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Jegenye 2001 Bt (Mikl??s Priszny??k) wrote:
> >2006/10/11, FB <fbo2 at gmx.net <mailto:fbo2 at gmx.net>>:
> >

> >    Maybe. I wrote a script which creates a new application but I don't
> >    know, if
> >    it's still working with a current Zope release.
> >
> >    https://svnserv.cbs.mpg.de/svn/edv/EDV/zope3-mpgsite/lib/python/mpgsite/tools/zag
> >
> >    I've not used it for a long time. There are no warranties but feel
> >    free to try.
> >
> >    <flamewar_start_reason tal:content="It's written in Perl :-)" />
> >

> > Yeah, that's blasphemy indeed! :D
> >
> > Hopefully a more generic tool, a la ArcheGenXML, will emerge for Zope 3.
>
> I've seen a few people suggest tools like that for Zope 3. I generally
> think it's a good idea. However, "us core developers" usually prefer our
> emacs/vi/... And our efforts are currently geared towards making Zope 3
> simpler to get started with -- without any special tools (sprint coming
> up this weekend).

I usually like a good editor as well. But since I am lazy I would love a
tool that produces the skeleton of files that can easily be generated from
something like an UML file. That would let me concentrate on the
interesting parts instead of having to type the same kind of stuff every
time...

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"
Reinoud van Leeuwen    reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud