[Zope3-Users] zc.winauth takes too much time to authenticate every page load

Benji York benji at zope.com
Thu Oct 12 09:11:32 EDT 2006

thealx at poczta.onet.pl wrote:
> It works great, but I have one issue: authentication takes much time
> (almost 10 seconds).

Windows authentication can be slow.  There are ways to speed it up, the
Microsoft documentation might help.

> IMHO sane behavior would be: authenticate with ActiveDirectory once
> (on login) and then authenticate basing only on cookie

It depends on what you want.  If you want immediate revocation, then
it's not.  If, like most people, you don't care too much about immediate
revocations, then read below.

> I suspect my problem may be a configuration issue in my PAU

It sounds like it; make sure you have the "No Challenge if
Authenticated" plugin enabled.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer