[Zope3-Users] Problem with Zope3 examples - some help needed

Sasko Mateski sasko.mateski at sicoorp.com
Fri Oct 20 07:02:42 EDT 2006

Hi all

I'm very new to Zope and while working my way into it I stumbled on a problem.
I'm sure this has popped up many times, but my not-so-exhaustive search was
unsuccesful in helping me solve it. I've been working through the 'Zope 3
Developer's handbook' and run into a problem while studying the Messageboard
example (step I). The same problem also happens when I'm running the buddydemo
example. I've been able to install both, and on starting zope everything is
fine, no warning messages ar anything similar. But on ,for example, adding from
the ZMI a new buddy to a BuddyFolder I'm getting the following error:

A system error occurred.

The exception log lists:
TypeError: readline() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

I'm loged in to the ZMI as a manager.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sasko Mateski