[Zope3-Users] zope3, site-packages and easy_install

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 02:17:32 EDT 2006

On 10/27/06, Michael Haubenwallner <michael at d2m.at> wrote:
> what should one suggest for development ?
> - using zope3 checkout with its own python interpreter
> - or remove site-packages from zope3 sys.path

I use a pristine Python installation that doesn't have anything else
installed into it.  It's shared among buildouts, but nothing else
touches the installation.

> what to do in deployment environment ?
> - using zope3 deploment with its very own python interpreter
> - you never now when anyone will add another piece to site-packages

Yep.  Every deployment gets a private interpreter.  The system
interpreter can't be trusted since we don't know what patches may be
been installed, or what might change in updates applied by a sysadmin.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca