[Zope3-Users] Links / Relationships (again)

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Mon Oct 30 12:09:15 EST 2006

On Oct 30, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

> All the zc packages should be up-to-date. In the Lovely projects we
> use
> zc.relationship, even though it is much more complicated than it
> should be.

That seems unnecessarily derogatory. :-)  But I know where you are
coming from.

As the author, I'd say  "more low level than most people want".  The
low-level interface--the index--is precisely what I needed for the
projects for which it was developed.

The containers in the relationship package were experiments at a more
friendly wrapper.  Other friendly wrappers that constrain the
capabilities in exchange for the greater ease of use found in
packages like the zc.schooltool code have been threatened by others.
That would be great.

Meanwhile, I am as sure as I can be without having used it myself
that the zc.schooltool relationship package is easier to use for
common use cases.  If you need something more flexible, you may want
to look at the zc.relationship index.

Gary