[Zope3-Users] Handling deletion rights ?

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Tue Oct 31 03:55:16 EST 2006

Le lundi 30 octobre 2006 à 11:13 -0400, Stephan Richter a écrit :
> On Friday 06 October 2006 08:40, Thierry Florac wrote:
> > I can easilly give access rights for managers and contributors so that
> > each of them can only create given objects.
> > But what concerning deletion ? How can I prevent a contributor from
> > removing a sub-folder ?
>
> Good question. I think you have to try a different strategy. You have several
> choices:
>
> - Implement two deletion methods, each with the right permission.
> - Implement views that work out the permissions manually.
> - Have separate folders for sub-folders and content.

Separating sub-folders and content is not appropriated in my own case.
At last, I think that I'll finally :
 - listen to ObjectDeletedEvent and raise an exception if the current
user doesn't have required roles, or...
 - replace the standard folders's "contents.html" view to remove the
"Delete" action, and provide this action through entries available in
sub-folders and content management screens

Thanks,

  Thierry Florac
--
  Chef de projet intranet/internet
  Office National des Forêts - Département Informatique
  Mél : thierry.florac at onf.fr
  Tél. : +33 01.40.19.59.64
  Fax. : +33 01.40.19.59.85