[Zope3-Users] Replacing Macros with Contentprovider

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Sep 8 18:25:51 EDT 2006

On Friday 08 September 2006 15:07, ksmith93940-dev at yahoo.com wrote:
> Is it possible to use contentproviders as an
> alternative to macros for providing the look and feel
> of a site? I thought I saw someone mention something
> to this affect.

Yes. While we have not completely removed the use of macros yet, we are pretty
close. There are some scenarios where macros still accelerate, like the
general o-wrap, but other than that we have completely replaced their need.
Viewlets/Content Providers are much more powerful and since they are
representation components in their own right, it is much easier to separate
template and logic.

Regards,
Stephan
--