[Zope3-Users] ANN: Viewlet examples

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Sep 12 13:37:26 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 13:30, ksmith93940-dev at yahoo.com wrote:
> Wow, viewlets are starting to look incredibly
> powerful.

I am glad you like it. They are indeed very powerful. I think over the next
months we will be building and releasing a lot of high-level features on top
of viewlets, like menu implementations and some custom directive stuff. I
also hope that Juergen will find the time to write up a small essay about
ridding ourselves completely of macros and implementing views 100% using
content providers/viewlets.

> I'm posting my experimentation with them as a set of
> demos loosely based on the zope.viewlet readme. The
> first two demos are very simple and the third is a
> intermediate step towards the complex example in the
> readme.
>
> If you have any comments, suggestions or examples to
> contribute,  please let me know.
>
> Project site:
> http://code.google.com/p/zope3-viewlet-demo/

Note that some other people have started user documentation wikis. You might
want to add to their sites as well.

Regards,
Stephan
--