[Zope3-Users] Security in Zope 3

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Tue Sep 19 06:06:46 EDT 2006

On 9/19/06, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> ...because z has two containment paths:
>
> x.z
> x.y.z
>
> ...which might have different security constraints.
>
> How does Zope 3 handle the same kind of setup?

In Zope2 containment is looked up through acquisition, that is,
implicitly. In Zope3 it is explicit, through the ILocation interface.
That interface specifies the __parent__ attribute, which normaly
specifies only one parent, as the current implementations of that
interface in Zope3 persist this or use a wrapper.

I a currently running application I store references to objects in
multiple places without problems just fine. Just be careful to clean
up when the object gets deleted from it's canonical location (the
__parent__ object).

--
Martijn Pieters