[Zope3-Users] Local configuration settings via ZCML

Andrew Groom andrew at reurbanise.co.nz
Mon Sep 25 00:05:51 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I have a component that's doing a database connection, and the
connection is described in configure.zcml as:

	<rdb:provideConnection name='my_db'
		component='psycopgda.adapter.PsycopgAdapter'
		dsn='dbi://user:mypassword@localhost/dbname' />

The problem is that this file is being committed to subversion then
deployed to a production site, overwriting the production settings. I'd
like to have a nice tidy way of having a bunch of settings like this for
my development environment in some sort of optional local include file.
I thought the <include> directive might do it for me, but it seems to
ignore any settings in the local file, and when I use <includeOverrides>
I get a config conflict error.

Any suggestions as to the best way to handle this ?

Cheers, Andrew.