[Zope3-Users] Autocreated content objects

John Maddison maddisjohn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 03:21:55 EDT 2006

Hi there,

Is it possible/wise to "auto-create" content objects in the ZODB?  Say I'm
creating a blog application and have a container type(BlogContainer) and
want an instance called "blog" in the root of the ZODB.  Is it possible to
programatically specify this, or is my only option to create it through the
ZMI? I thought that perhaps an event was generated when the root object was
created that I could hook into, but it seems not.  Perhaps I'm looking at
this the wrong way - would "fixtures" like this be better implemented as
utilities with z3c.traverser redirecting to appropriate views?

John