[Zope3-Users] Re: RFC 4122 UUIDs

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Thu Apr 5 14:10:46 EDT 2007

I also like the idea of UUIDs the way they are meant to be - which
should be independent of the instance. I can imagine a further
possibility to synchronize objects from independent zodb sources if this
  existed.

The UUID generator that I have been looking at is with the Chandler
project (currently under Apache license) that could be easily wrapped:

http://svn.osafoundation.org/chandler/trunk/internal/chandlerdb/chandlerdb/util/uuid.c

Regards,
David