[Zope3-Users] Re: RFC 4122 UUIDs

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 09:29:11 EDT 2007

On 4/6/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> How is there a ZCML pain? Simply register the adapter for all
> IAnnotatable objects. Typically your content objects are annotatable
> anyway because you want DublinCore stuff etc.

This sounds like this will result in huge numbers of UUIDs being
generated for objects that aren't "syndicatable content" in this
application.  The subscriber should probably be registered for objects
that can be syndicated, not everything, to avoid useless CPU load and
database bloat.

Of course, as the OP suggested there's already an annotation for
syndication-related information, I'd just add it to that, and not use
a separate annotation.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca