[Zope3-Users] Re: EditForm fails in SiteManager because of containment constraint

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Sun Apr 8 09:12:27 EDT 2007

Am Samstag, 7. April 2007 18:43 schrieb Christophe Combelles:
> Jürgen Kartnaller a écrit :
> > Christophe Combelles wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have a regular content object which uses the formlib for its edit
> >> view. Nothing special, just like a Recipe.
> >> But I want this object to only reside in the Site Manager, because it
> >> will be used as a configurable local utility (some kind of
> >> LocalKitchenTools utility)
> >>
> >> Everything is perfect, and the EditForm works well until I want to
> >> tell this object to be only contained in the SiteManager. So I just
> >> add this statement in the interface:
> >>
> >> containers(ILocalSiteManager)
> >> or
> >> containers(ISiteManagementFolder)
> >
> > 'container' adds __parent__ as schema.Field attribute to your interface.
> > You need to omit __parent__ in your formlib form_fields definition.
>
> thanks, that's it, so I will omit only __parent__
> You had already answered while I was still writing my previous post :)
>
> Couldn't this thing be managed by the formlib itself?
> The error is not explicit and does not mention __parent__ anywhere

Yes, this was also my problem - the error message was quite cryptic and it
took me hours to find out the reason.

A good solution would be to either making the error message more verbose, or
to automatically omit such attributes in the formlib (which could also lead
to other problems).

Regards,
Hermann

x1 at aon.at
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7