[Zope3-Users] Re: EditForm fails in SiteManager because of containment constraint

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Mon Apr 9 07:08:27 EDT 2007

Am Montag, 9. April 2007 00:13 schrieb Philipp von Weitershausen:
> Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
> > A good solution would be to either making the error message more verbose,
> > or to automatically omit such attributes in the formlib (which could also
> > lead to other problems).
>
> -1 on automatic exclusion, that would be a bit magical.
>
> +1 on making the error message more verbose.

Yes, I agree with that.

> It shouldn't be a lot of work to adjust the setUpWidgets and
> setUpEditWidgets functions in zope.formlib.form to make
> queryMultiAdapter() calls instead of getMultiAdapter(). Then in case of
> a None return value (i.e. there's no widget), raise a WidgetLookupError
> (a subclass of LookupError) with a proper error message.

Sounds like a good solution.

> This is a small enough task that would make an excellent first
> contribution to Zope 3... any takers? :)

Certainly interesting, but I'm still very new to Zope 3, so I'm unsure if I am
qualified for this task. What if I check in code that accidentally breaks
something?

> * Write a test that exercises the desired behaviour, best by extending
>    the zope.formlib/form.txt doctest. (We require automated tests for all
>    modifications, especially for bugfixes and new features).

This once again raises the question for me how I execute such tests (such as
form.txt) - is there some magical Zope 3 command? Executing these tests
via "debugzope" does not always work, probably something has to be set up
beforehand?

Best Regards,
Hermann

x1 at aon.at
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7