[Zope3-Users] Can interfaces be mutated cleanly?

Kapil Thangavelu hazmat at objectrealms.net
Fri Apr 13 14:33:27 EDT 2007

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 02:36:07 -0400, Hermann Himmelbauer <dusty at qwer.tk>
wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2007 17:22 schrieb Christian Theune:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I didn't find anything in the documentation or google on this:
>>
>> I want to define an interface like:
>>
>> class IMySchema(zope.interface.Interface):
>>    pass
>>
>> Later, I want to use ore.alchemist which currently is able to take a
>> SQLAlchemy table description and turn it into a new interface/schema.
>
> Interesting - is ore.alchemist the package developed by Kapil
> Thangalevu? If
> yes, is it working? I had the impression that the project is abandoned.

it is, and its working, its been in production since inception, has a
number of features not present in the other sa zope integrations (schema
generation, both from sa and from zope.schema, as well keyreference
support, etc). unfortunately suffers a bit in that the formlib integration
is currently targetting zope2/plone, but thats contained in a separate z2
product, as well as my own lack of time to promote it or work on new
feature developmen at the moment.

cheers,

kapil