[Zope3-Users] Re: zope.intid and UUIDs

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Apr 20 10:44:21 EDT 2007

On Friday 20 April 2007 10:01, Benji York wrote:
> First create interfaces that content can be adapted to to get a UUID, so
> other people can provide different implementations and those can
> interoperate.  Then, create default implementations that work however
> you like.

This is actually a pattern that we use all over the place. One example is
lovely.tag. You have a utility providing some functionality, such as a UUID
generator and then use an object adapter to access it more conveniently.

What *I* like about about the proposed solutions is to reuse the intid
utility.

Regards,
Stephan
--