[Zope3-Users] Utility Local to an Annotation?

Derek Richardson derek.richardson at gatech.edu
Wed Apr 25 12:43:31 EDT 2007

I would like to create utility instances that are local to annotation
instances. Each utility would be valid only within the scope of the
related annotation.

The specific case is uuids for atom feed entries. We have annotations
representing feeds and I would like my uuid utility to be local to the
feed annotation, thus recording and making available uuids only for
entries in that feed. See
http://www.openplans.org/projects/vice/uuids-in-atom for more details
and an architectural diagram.

FYI, an object can be syndicated in more than one feed. Thus, for feed
X, I want to look up the uuid associated with object a for feed x; for
feed y, I would want the *different* uuid associated with object x (same
object) for feed y.

However, I am not sure I can turn an annotation into a site and, even if
I can, am not sure that's what I want to do.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Derek