[Zope3-Users] Strange ZODB error - Solved: Zalchemy bug

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Thu Aug 9 10:27:23 EDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 9. August 2007 15:44 schrieb Hermann Himmelbauer:
> Hi,
> After updating some z3c packages and changing some of my code, I receive a
> very strange traceback from Zope3:

Ah, after fiddling around I found out that the "svn update" of the zalchemy
package resulted in this error. If somewhere in my code zalchemy is used, the
TypeError emerges. It seems that recently there was a change to the zalchemy
package (svn log):

r78682 | zagy | 2007-08-08 10:53:01 +0200 (Mi, 08 Aug 2007) | 1 line

using the threadlocal strategy of sqlalchemy instead of creating one engine
per
thread. This allows connection pooling for instance.

I reverted zalchemy to an older version an all is well again.

Once again it proves that updating only makes sense if an update is really
necessary... ;-)

Best Regards,
Hermann

x1 at aon.at
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7