AW: [Zope3-Users] Kupu and Zope3

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Aug 20 16:50:48 EDT 2007

Hi Jeff, Jeremy

> Cc: zope3-users at zope.org
> Betreff: Re: [Zope3-Users] Kupu and Zope3
>
> On Aug 20, 2007, at 3:45 AM, "Jeremy Cook" <jeremy.cook at bccs.uib.no>
> wrote:
>
> > Is anyone using Kupu (or any other visual editor) with zope3? I saw
> > hints that it might be ported to zope3 or conversely that
> "kupu must
> > die". When I tried installing it under zope3 I didn't get
> awfully far.
>
> I tried and tried to use Kupu, and it was damn near
> impossible. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. Which is too
> bad - the editor itself is great. But integrating it into
> custom environments was waaaaay too difficult.

absolutly, I whould also never do it again ;-)

Does the Kupu for Zope3 version which Dominik and I
implemented not exist anymore? We implemented a Kupu
editor version at a sprint 1 1/2 year ago for Zope3.

As far as I can remember the code should live in the
Kupu repos. Hm, or not because we didn't have access
to codespeak, I don't right now. Let me know if you can't
find some Zope3 Kupu code and really think you need to
implement it.

> We went with TinyMCE. It gets the job done. I yearn for more though.
> Kupu's ability to have link and image browsers is great.
> TinyMCE has them available, but as commercial add-ons.

Hmm, I really need to move our image and file browser add-on
which uses the z3c.resource to the zope repos once.

Regards
Roger Ineichen