[Zope3-Users] Using zope-testbrowser standalone?

Tim van der Leeuw tnleeuw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 04:26:37 EST 2007

Hi,

I tried to use the Zope test-browser standalone, to see if I can use it to
build a higher-level test-tool on top of it. I downloaded version 3.4.2 from
the Python Package Index which installed fine, however when I try to use it
I get an error:

>>> from zope.testbrowser.testing import Browser
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\zope.testbrowser-
3.4.2-py2.5.egg\zope\testbrowser\testing.py", line 27, in <module>
    import transaction
ImportError: No module named transaction

As you see, I can not even import the Browser class, the first line of the
examples.

I guess that there are some extra dependancies which are not recorded as
part of the setup script; however I cannot easily deduct from the list of
Zope packages which they could be.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

--Tim