[Zope3-Users] Using Zope Test-recorder / Zope security on windows??

Tim van der Leeuw tnleeuw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 04:50:18 EST 2007

Hi,

I wanted to try the Zope test-recorder on windows (in combination with
Python 2.5). However, I did not manage to install.

Using the 'run' option from within PythonWin gives me an error about the
name '__file__' not being defined; when I try to install from the
command-line the package starts to download zope-security but that in turns
refuses to install because no Visual Studio can be found.

It suggests to try using Cygwin compiler by passing "-c mingw32" on the
commandline however that is not accepted as a valid option - it appears that
I'm quite stuck installing this package!

I can use the command 'build_ext' with this option, however that doesn't
give me an installed package and the 'install' command still aborts with the
same complaint regarding VisualStudio not being installed.

What options are suggested?

Regards,

--Tim van der Leeuw