[Zope3-Users] z3c.form: ListWidget, ObjectWidget, and subform

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Fri Dec 7 07:54:48 EST 2007

Hi,

z3c.form looks very well thought and extremely customizable, but I find it
complicated for some common and simple cases. Does someone have any simple
example apart from z3c.formdemo, to get the same result as the
ListSequenceWidget and the ObjectWidget in the formlib?

1- The first thing I'm trying to create is a form for a
List(value_type=TextLine) field.

2- Then I'm trying to create a form for a single Object field. I've understood
that this case should be handled by a subform. So I could create such a thing by
using a template for the main form, and a subtemplate for the subform. But then,
I've begun using z3c.formui to have a better template for the main form, but now
how do I display the subform in the div-based formui template?

The real final thing I'm trying to do is just a form for a
List(value_type=Object(schema=IStuff),
with IStuff being just  made of 3 TextLine fields.
Doing this is quite easy with the formlib, or maybe I got used to it, but I'd
really like to be able to do all the same things with z3c.form

thanks,
Christophe