[Zope3-Users] z3c.form: ListWidget, ObjectWidget, and subform

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sun Dec 9 18:17:21 EST 2007

Hey,

On Dec 7, 2007 1:54 PM, Christophe Combelles <ccomb at free.fr> wrote:
[snip]
> 2- Then I'm trying to create a form for a single Object field. I've understood
> that this case should be handled by a subform. So I could create such a thing by
> using a template for the main form, and a subtemplate for the subform. But then,
> I've begun using z3c.formui to have a better template for the main form, but now
> how do I display the subform in the div-based formui template?
>
> The real final thing I'm trying to do is just a form for a
> List(value_type=Object(schema=IStuff),
> with IStuff being just  made of 3 TextLine fields.
> Doing this is quite easy with the formlib, or maybe I got used to it, but I'd
> really like to be able to do all the same things with z3c.form

Just so you know I really look for such features too. z3c.form simply
declares that subforms are the way to go,
but when I look at example code I see rather involved ways information
has to pass back and forth between subform
and form. I hope more automation is possible here, while hopefully
retaining the increased control that z3c.form offers. Something
like an object widget that lets you specify a sub-form and template
manually. I looked at z3c.form to find such increased control for one
project, but the lack of automation really killed that for this
particular case.

Regards,

Martijn