[Zope3-Users] Buildout and custom python

Zvezdan Petkovic zvezdan at zope.com
Fri Dec 21 10:48:39 EST 2007

On Dec 21, 2007, at 10:18 AM, David Pratt wrote:
> I really would like to see a two stage buildout that does the python
> construction with a python.cfg and then the main buildout with
> buildout.cfg file as part of the standard fare. I'm trying a few
> things today to see if a simple event class and callback can be used
> to create the python first and have the callback's handler run the
> main buildout as an experiment.

In other words you want to build two products with one buildout.
Python is a language your product depends on.  It does not need to be
a part of your product as the C language and libc are not part of the
Python.

As I mentioned in the previous post in this thread one can get the
same development and production environments by properly packing clean
python and their product(s).  The added advantage is that N products
can use the same clean python instead of having it deployed N times as
a part of their buildout.

--
Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan at zope.com>