[Zope3-Users] Buildout and defining build order

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Dec 21 11:30:01 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007, at 6:46 PM, Darryl Cousins wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 18:23 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
>> On Dec 20, 2007, at 6:07 PM, Darryl Cousins wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to define in which order the parts are built.
>>
>> Yes, they are built in the order listed.
>
> You must mean the order the sections are listed and not the order
> listed
> in parts.

No. I meant the order listed in the parts option.

> I've tried playing with both orderings but when I start the
> buildout it first runs through the develop eggs

develop eggs are not parts. They are built using whatever Python is
used to run the buildout.

> then starts on with ZODB

I don't see ZODB listed in your buildout.  If it is a dependency of
one of your recipes, that would cause it to be built with your system
Python.

> - and the custom python is not built.

That's difficult for me to believe.  I might try to reproduce your
buildout, but I don't have the various bits it wants to build as a
develop eggs.

> 1. Eggs (eg ZODB) are byte-comiled with system python.

Byte-compilation isn't really the issue. The issue is extensions.  if
ZODB is a dependency of any recipes, then it will be build with
whatever Python is used to run the buildout.

> 2. Couldn't get postgresql to build first so that psycopg2 finds those
> header

Move postgresql to the front of your parts list. Your interpreter part
lists the psycopg2 egg. The egg recipe will download this distribution
and try to install it.  At that point, it hasn't gotten to your
psycopg2 part yet.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton