[Zope3-Users] lovely.tag behaviour

Maken Seteva crapkonto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 13:20:17 EST 2007

Hi!
I am a bit curious about the behavior of the tagcount when tagging
with lovely.tag. Here is a snip from my doctest:

Nothing initially
     >>> sorted(e.getCloud(users=[u'barney']))
     []

Update tags for barney
     >>> e.update(1000, u'barney', [u'foo'])
     >>> e.update(1000, u'barney', [u'foo', u'bar'])

Print them
     >>> sorted(e.getCloud(items=(1000,), users=(u'barney',)))
     [(u'bar', 1), (u'foo', 2)]

Update and print again:
     >>> e.update(1000, u'barney', [u'eggs'])
     >>> sorted(e.getCloud(items=(1000,), users=(u'barney',)))
     [(u'eggs', 1)]

My first thing i notice is that there is no concept of 'updating' a
users tags on an object in the sense that first you add a tag then
later you add another tag  with the old one being untouched (the tag
count for the old one not being incremented every time i update!). Is
there a special reason for this philosophy?
It seems like the update function is made for "tag once" kind of
behavior instead 'tag several times, on different occasions'. I could
add my own update function but I'd like to hear some opinions first.

Regards
Seteva

and marry xmas :)