[Zope3-Users] Re: Hivurt new open source CMS 0.1.3pre-alfa released

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Sat Dec 29 08:47:34 EST 2007

Mikhail Kashkin skrev:
> Hi everybody,

Hi Mikhail,

> Key Solutions (http://keysolutions.ru/) and Hivurt team (http://
> hivurt.org/) proud to announce first public release of our Zope3-
> based content management system.
> Requirements (You need to have before installing Hivurt)
>
>    * Zope 3.3.x (3.4.x untested)
>    * PostgreSQL 8.2
>    * Python 2.4.4 with psycopg2 and json libs
>    * Tested on Mac OS X and Linux (Ubunty and ALTLiniux)

This looks really interresting. Especially as you are already using it
on customer projects.

I just wonder about the Postgres dependency. Why did you choose to have
that? I think that one of the beauties of Zope is that you don't need to
install an rdbms.

I agree that being able to seamlessly use an rdbms is a good feature,
but I do belive that it should be optional.

I have several development machines for different purposes, and having
to install Postgres on them is a bit of a bother, as I don't intend to
use relational storage before I absolutely have to.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science