[Zope3-Users] Infrastructure Requirements?

Benji York benji at zope.com
Fri Feb 16 17:00:04 EST 2007

Doyon, Jean-Francois wrote:
> - On the web boxes run Apache with mod_rewrite to get you to the Zope
> instance(s) running on the app layer machines

Some people substitute Squid for Apache, or in certain circumstances,
leave that layer out all together.

> I still bother to try and get single CPU machines, because of the whole
> Python GIL vs. Thread issue, though newer linuxes have CPU affinity.

I don't quite understand that statement.  You can certainly run an
instance per CPU and modern OS schedulers are smart enough to make
setting CPU affinity overkill.

Four instances on a four core box works quite nicely. :)
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer