[Zope3-Users] Grant role top zope.anybody

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Sat Feb 17 17:35:13 EST 2007

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 12:48:05PM +0100, Florian Lindner wrote:
> Hello,
> I've tried to grant a role to zope.anybody (any user that visits the site).
> Tried it this way:
>
>     <grant
>         role = "my.role"
>         principal = "zope.anybody"
>     />
>
> But this gives a unknown principal id error, even though I have:
>
>   <unauthenticatedPrincipal
>     id="zope.anybody"
>     title="Unauthenticated User" />
>
> in my principal.zcml.
>
> How to do it right?

ZCML is order-dependent (sadly).  You need to put your grant after the
principal definition.  This means doing it in principals.zcml, or in
some file that is included in site.zcml after principals.zcml.

Marius Gedminas
--
If something has not yet gone wrong then it would ultimately have been
beneficial for it to go wrong.