[Zope3-Users] Infrastructure Requirements?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 06:44:28 EST 2007

Dan Buch wrote:
> security:
> 100% authenticated, all the time (TLS/SSL?)

TLS/SSL has little to do with authentication.

What percentage of your users will be logged in using a
password/sso/nltm/etc?

> activities:
> 90% reading
> 10% modifying objects

Yeah, you'll have no problems with zodb based on those figures...

> It took me long enough to convince my bosses that Ubuntu, Zope, Python,
> <everything FOSS>, were safe alternatives to going 100% MS.  If my
> company can purchase a Sun server, then we can purchase support from
> Canonical: http://www.ubuntu.com/sun

Canonical will support anything if you give them money ;-)
I wouldn't have thought Sun was that high up their list of caring...

> Please let me know if I'm totally off-base with my logic here ;-)  The
> IT infrastructure consultant (the company pres.'s son) would prefer to
> buy everything through Dell, so if I'd be better off abandoning my
> obsession with Sun, well... that's what I'll have to do :)

Stick with the dells...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk