[Zope3-Users] Schema fields vs custom metadata

Svenn Helge Grindhaug Svenn.Helge.Grindhaug at bccs.uib.no
Fri Feb 23 08:34:30 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to make a system for course registration. The user will get a list
of available courses, select one and register for the course.

I have the following interfaces:

class ICourse(IContainer):
    """Store information about the course and store participants"""

    contains('ers.interfaces.IParticipant')

class IParticipant(IContained):
    """Store information about participants"""

    containers('ers.interfaces.ICourse')

How do I store the information about the course - when course is a container?
As schema fields or as custom metadata? I have tried both without success and
need to know which of the two are the "correct" way or if I need to change
the hole design.

Thanks!

Svenn.