[Zope3-Users] Newbie Question

Edward Muller edwardam at interlix.com
Fri Feb 23 17:31:21 EST 2007

I've done Zope2 stuff in the past, including writing Zope2 Products.

We are working on new hosting software and have decided to use Zope 3.

So we're defining our interfaces and have started to define classes
based on those interfaces and I have a question...

The simple todo app (http://worldcookery.com/files/jeffshell-todo/
step1.html) shows the Todo class having three attributes
(description, details, done). These are all defined in the interface
using various zope.schema definitions.

But ...

The Boring product (http://products.nidelven-it.no/zope3_boring/)
does the same thing in the interface with a title attribute. But when
it gets to the class definition it uses:

def __init__(self, title='Default boring title'):
   self.title = title

The later is more familiar to me coming from Zope 2. Which is right?
If they are both right, which is *more* right wrt Zope 3 ... and why?

--
Edward Muller
Interlix, LLC

Zope, Plone & Zimbra Hosting