[Zope3-Users] Question about IOrderedContainer interface

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Mon Feb 26 11:28:12 EST 2007

  Hi,

I have a little question about the "IOrderedContainer" interface.

Actually, this interface is derived from "IContainer", and only contains
a single method, "updateOrder()" which is an updating method.

When I create a subclass of "OrderedContainer" for which I'd like only a
limited set of roles to have reordering permission, I'd like to do
something like :

  <require
    interface="IReadContainer"
    permission="zope.View" />
  <require
    interface="IOrderedContainer"
    permission="zope.ManageContent" />

But this doesn't work, because of a ConfigurationConflictError.

So I can see only three ways to make this working :
 - make IOrderedContainer derived from IWriteContainer instead of
IContainer (what I've done until now !)
 - make IOrderedContainer a separate interface, so that I could do
something like :

  <require
    interface="IReadContainer"
    permission="zope.View" />
  <require
    interface="IWriteContainer"
    permission="zope.ManageContent" />
  <require
    interface="IOrderedContainer"
    permission="zope.ManageContent" />

 - wait for someone else to give me another solution, which wouldn't
need to modify Zope source code :-)

Thanks for any help or advise,

  Thierry Florac
--
  Chef de projet intranet/internet
  Office National des Forêts - Département Informatique
  Mél : thierry.florac at onf.fr
  Tél. : +33 01.40.19.59.64
  Fax. : +33 01.40.19.59.85